A Travellerspoint blog

Trip to Vibrant Singapore

sunny 32 °C

We boarded the train from Kuala Lumpur( Malaysia), had a sound sleep on board and after finishing the immigration formalities at Johar Bahru(Malaysia) and Woodlands(Singapore), we reached Singapore at around 8:30AM. We were quite disappointed as the railway station had just the basic amenities and was ill maintained. We took a cab to our hotel (Supreme Hotel), which was located on Orchard road. It was decently priced at 100 singapore dollars, considering the posh location. The important MRT station of Dhoby Ghaut was just 200m away. Dhoby Ghaut is an important interchange junction where East-west and North-south MRT lines meet, so practically u can go anywhere in Singapore.
We checked in and rested for a while before proceeding for Night Safari, which was a tremendous experience as we could see the wild animals in their natural habitat. Then there was a fire show and animal show, which was enjoyable too. Later we returned back to our hotel.

Today Sentosa Island was on our agenda. We had taken a group tour to Sentosa which cost 58 SD for each of us. First we went to the Mount Faber cable car station from where we took the cable car to Sentosa Island. The cable car ride was a thrilling one and we soared over the jungles and sea to reach Sentosa, which was buzzing with activity.


First we went to visit the “Images of Singapore” which showcased the evolution of a small fishing village into a multicultural vibrant and modern city, Singapore. Then we watched the Dolphin show and then we proceeded for the Underwater world, where we walked in a transparent tunnel through which we could see various varieties of fish rubbing past the walls of the tunnel. The last major event of the evening was the Songs of the Sea, which was held on the beach. We reached there in grand style via the chair lift that took us down to the beach. Songs of the sea was a spectacular display of lights, laser, water and fireworks that ended the evening in style. While returning from Sentosa we stopped at Vivo City, one of the biggest malls of Singapore. Since we had nothing to shop for we just took some chocolates and returned back to our hotel

We got up late today, had breakfast and then decided to explore Singapore taking the convenient MRT route. First we visited the Esplanade, city hall and the Fullerton hotel area.
We visited the Merlion next and got ourselves photographed in front of the Merlion, the symbol of Singapore.
Next we visited Suntec city, which has numerous malls and offices in its vicinity. It also has a “Fountain of wealth” and a huge fountain, which erupts everyday at 20:00, we watched that too and later after having dinner we returned back to our hotel

Finally our tour came to an end and we had to board our Air India flight back to New Delhi. Since our flight was at 16:25 we went to Orchard road for some shopping but couldn’t find anything worthwhile. We left our hotel early and took the MRT rail to the Changi Airport that cost us a mere 1.70SD per person. The flight was on time and we reached Delhi at around 19:00 hrs and went straight to New Delhi railway station to board Lucknow Mail and from Lucknow we boarded Awadh express to reach Gorakhpur in the afternoon on 23rd July. We left Gorakhpur on 28th July and reached Mumbai on 29th night, so that we could rejoin office on 30th July 2007. It was so nice spending some quality time with parents and family but it really pained me to see the condition of Abbu(Father), as he was not keeping well.

Posted by arif_kool 04:04 Archived in Singapore

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.